Thursday, April 5, 2012

Tough Mudder

On January 28, Jeremy participated in the Tough Mudder "event" in Edna, Texas.  Tough Mudder is (copied from their website so I don't have to explain myself):

Tough Mudder events are hardcore 10-12 mile obstacle courses designed by British Special Forces to test your all around strength, stamina, mental grit, and camaraderie. As the leading company in the booming obstacle course industry, Tough Mudder has already challenged half a million inspiring participants worldwide and raised more than $2 million dollars for the Wounded Warrior Project. But Tough Mudder is more than an event, it’s a way of thinking. By running a Tough Mudder challenge, you’ll unlock a true sense of accomplishment, have a great time, and discover a camaraderie with your fellow participants that’s experienced all too rarely these days.

I call this an "event" because it's not a competition.  Nope - it's just for fun (say what???)!  Basically, they set up a ridiculously difficult obstacle course, give people various start times and tell you to go...all for the fun of it! 

Jeremy found out about this event and decided it was a must-do.  He and Jay, a friend from work, signed-up and completed the obstacle course.  Kingston and I went to observe and cheer them on.  Jeremy was exhausted after completing the course, but was thrilled to have done it.  It was a great accomplishment with the extra bonus of supporting a great cause. 

One of the obstacles...see Jeremy in the red shorts?
(I really need to work on my photography skills)


Nearing the end...and not really looking thrilled about my photo-op!

Jeremy and Jay headed towards the last few obstacles

Yes, that is Jeremy crawling through ice & mud while being shocked by electrical wires...who voluntarily does this stuff???  :)

Finished!

A family pic after he finished...Kingston was thrilled, can you tell? 


1 comment:

  1. I especially love that last pic! Kingston looks like Jeremy probably feels! I'm proud of you Jeremy!

    ReplyDelete